PEPA's forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Breast Cancer Awareness Day

Go down

Breast Cancer Awareness Day Empty Breast Cancer Awareness Day

Post  hu5541n Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:17 pm

Breast Cancer Awareness Day will be held this Friday, 31st October. As we did previously for World AIDs Day, we will be selling ribbons (pink) for 20Kc, at the faculty.

To commemorate the day, PEPA would like to request students to not only help by donating money to charity, but it would have a nice feel to the day, if we could all wear something pink on the day. This can be anything from a pair of socks to a pink jumper. I'm sure girls won't mind wearing pink, but I wish to make a special request to boys to also wear something pink, to support those who have been touched by breast cancer. It shows our support for those who have and still are suffering from this teriible cancer.

For more information, you can visit www.wearitpink.co.uk. Please don't miss out on this opportunity. It's our duty to do something for those who are less fortunate than us!!!

Hussain Very Happy

hu5541n

Back to top Go down

Breast Cancer Awareness Day Empty Re: Breast Cancer Awareness Day

Post  hu5541n Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:27 pm

May I take this opportunity to thank you all for your contribution in making this day a success!!!! It truely showed the passion and sincerity you all shared together to try and do your bit for charity.

I can confirm so far we have raised 5716Kc + 10 Euros (whatever the rate is)!!!! But this isn't the final total yet, as some ribbons will also be sold to Erasmus students as well. Thank you once again for your contributions.

I'd like to also thank those people, whose hard work hard and dedication, made the day run smoothly and effectively:

• Anisa, Pallavi Dheena, Tabinda, Jan Rusek, Sumeet (for making ribbons, sitting at the table on Thursday and for being supportive throughout the whole organisation of the event)

Imran, Nuwan, Priyanka (for going around the faculty selling ribbons), and to Tania and Natasha for selling ribbons to their respective years.

And last but by no means least: Yak, Shankari, Lal, Adam, Jen, Marianne (for sitting at the table on Friday, for making new ribbons on Friday when we had sold out!!!)

p.s. If anyone hasn't bought a ribbon yet, and wishes to do so, please do not hesitate to contact me via: hussain_ahmad786@hotmail.com Very Happy

hu5541n

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum